21 December 2010

a few things worth blogging about


Jake and I have been busy lately, but we are LOVING this holiday season. Here are a few things that we have been up to...

1. Jake had his knee surgery over a month ago and
his recovery has been well...memorable. The surgery and recovery has been a lot longer than we anticipated, but no worries because Jake has learned to have fun with his injury... For example, Jake used his 'cane' to cast spells at me on a regular basis (he believes that his cane resembles the elder wand-maybe you harry potter fans can agree)- He also thoroughly enjoyed using the scooter at walmart & home depot on multiple occasions. Anyway, he is currently going to physical therapy every other day and I am just grateful to have a walking husband again!
2. Last night we returned home from a delightful vacation. For Christmas Jake's parents took the whole family on a week cruise to the western Caribbean where we were able to visit Honduras, Belize, Mexico, and the Cayman Islands. We had a blast and we loved creating some fun family memories! The weather was perfect and having a tan in December is not to shabby. Thank you so much Randy & Susan!

3. Our house is finished!!!! It has been a fun and semi-stressful process to watch it go up. We have learned so much during the building of it and we feel so blessed for the way things have turned out. We are so excited to move in this week!

4. This last week Jake took his FINAL final making him done with his undergrad! Hooray! I am excited to spend more time with that handsome hubby of mine! I am so proud of him working full time and going to school full time. He is AMAZING, I don't know how I got so lucky! With that being said, we are now ready for some serious christmasing! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Cali Haynie Rutter said...

yay!! I love the update!! I'm glad you had fun on your cruise!! And your house is so cute! Good luck moving in!! Can't wait to come see it!! Love you!

Shellie said...

I'm glad you are having a fun holiday! I love your house. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!